Are you ready to join Canada''s most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader - automotive parts, accessories and service sports and leisure products and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
Job Profile/ Duties / Responsibilities:
The Sales Associate team member works in a fast-paced environment that involves constant interaction with customers, delivering friendly and courteous service while explaining product benefits and fulfilling customer needs. This role also involves store maintenance such as stocking shelves, merchandising and general housekeeping.
• Provides excellent customer service to all customers entering the store.
• Smiles, makes eye contact with and greets customers.
• Guides customer to the location of requested items.
• Locates products in the warehouse.
• Answers questions and provides friendly advice and services to customers.
• Suggests value-added and related products to customers to ensure they go home with what they need.
• Ends the discussion with the customer using a closing statement (e.g., “Is there anything else I can do for you today?” “Did you find everything you were looking for?” “Thank you for shopping at Canadian Tire”).
• Responds to and handles customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
• Handles multiple customers in an effective and efficient manner.
• Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
• Learns about new products on a regular basis.
• Keeps up to date with in-store promotions, in-store deals and product locations.
• Ensures that retail basics tasks are executed efficiently (e.g., stocking, labels, facing, etc.).
• Stocks shelves and merchandise display areas using modules and planograms as guidelines.
• Walks their assigned sections to understand what needs to be accomplished on a daily basis.
• Maintains inventory accuracy and identifies/reports low stock levels (e.g., hole check and bin cap analysis).
• Reports stolen and damaged goods to Management.
• Operates computer and RF gun and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
• Plays an active role in the department team by openly sharing opinions and ideas on how to improve department success and by participating in meetings and all training as required.
• Engages in learning activities and listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
• Complies with company, store and department policies.
• Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
• Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
• Completes other tasks, as required.
• Basic math and typing skills.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision with computerized systems.
• Experience in a customer service role and/or with Canadian Tire store is considered an asset.
Required Skills and Abilities
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following competencies :
• Strong orientation towards customer service excellence.
• Highly approachable, customer-oriented individual who thrives on offering exceptional service to customers.
• Strong belief in the Canadian Tire Values of honesty, integrity and respect.
• Effective written and oral communication skills (e.g., probing, listening, etc.) and the ability to maintain professional communication, even in challenging situations.
• Ability to complete retail tasks according to instructions and to demonstrate responsibility for outcomes.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
• Ability to resolve retail and/or customer issues.
• Ability to adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
• Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.
Potential Career Opportunities
• Next levels: Merchandiser, Supervisor, Department Manager and Store Manager.
• Other retail, customer service and management opportunities in a large network of more than 485 Canadian Tire stores across the country.
• Career opportunities across the larger Canadian Tire family (Canadian Tire Petroleum, PartSource, Mark’s, FGL Sports Ltd, Canadian Tire Corporation Limited and Canadian Tire Financial Services.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
In compliance with the store’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures:
• Standing/walking for 8 hours.
• Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise item may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
• Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
• Lifting above the shoulder, from floor to shoulder and floor to waist.
• Ability to go up and down a ladder while carrying merchandise.
• Walking and carrying things at the same time and pushing/pulling, as required
How to Apply
Send Resumes to: Swrna Karunagaran
Email Address: email@example.com